Themes in Psychology
Below are collected the series published on PsyBlog which focus on specific areas of psychology over several posts.
How we are affected by the presence of other people, whether it is actual, imagined or implied.
- 10 Brilliant Social Experiments
- 10 More Brilliant Social Psychology Studies
- Group Psychology
- Psychology of Relationships
- Persuasion Techniques: The Psychology of Influence
- 8 Social Psychology Experiments: Revealing Insights Into Our Behaviour
Examines cognitive and emotional processes: how we think, perceive, remember, learn and create.
- Cognitive Biases: Why We Make Irrational Decisions
- The Psychology of Creativity
- Psychology of Attention
- Memory and Recall: 10 Amazing Facts You Should Know
- 8 Ways to Get Rid of Unwanted Negative Thoughts
- 11 Goal Hacks: How to Achieve Anything
- How Our Emotions Work
- The Psychology of Love: 10 Studies Every Lover Should Know
Mind and Body
- 10 Simple Postures That Boost Performance
- Dilated Pupils: 10 Messages My Pupils are Sending You
- 10 Hidden Benefits of Smiling
- Twitter: 10 Psychological Insights
- Email’s Dark Side: 10 Psychology Studies
- Facebook: 7 Highly Effective Habits
- Online Dating: 10 Psychological Insights
Some top 10 studies ranging across various areas of psychology.
- 10 Psychological Effects of Nonsexual Touch
- 10 Mind-Myths
- 10 Weird Psychology Studies
- 10 Even Weirder Psychology Studies
- 10 Best Psychology Studies
- 10 Ways Our Minds Warp Time
- How The Mind Really Works: 10 Counterintuitive Psychology Studies
- 10 Pleasures and Pains of Being Beautiful
- Top 10 Self-Control Techniques
- Top 10 Psychology Articles: 10 Most Popular in 2013
- Top 10 Meditation Benefits: 10 Ways It Helps Your Mind
- Top 10 10 Benefits of Learning a Second Language
A series of special articles on our relationship with work, money and consumerism.
- 50+ Savvy Insights into Workplace Psychology
- Why We Buy: How to Avoid 10 Costly Cognitive Biases
- Psychology of Money
- Consumer Psychology
- 8 Psychological Keys to Spending Wisely
What scientists have discovered about what makes us happy and how we can become happier.