Themes in Psychology
Below are collected the series published on PsyBlog which focus on specific areas of psychology over several posts.
How we are affected by the presence of other people, whether it is actual, imagined or implied.
- 10 Brilliant Social Psychology Studies
- 10 More Brilliant Social Psychology Studies
- Group Psychology
- Psychology of Relationships
- Persuasion Techniques: The Psychology of Influence
- How Society Works: 8 Revealing Psychological Insights Into Our Social Behaviour
Examines cognitive and emotional processes: how we think, perceive, remember, learn and create.
- Cognitive Biases: Why We Make Irrational Decisions
- The Psychology of Creativity
- Psychology of Attention
- How Memory Works
- Hidden Workings of the Mind
Mind and Body
- 10 Simple Postures That Boost Performance
- Nonverbal Behaviour
- Dilated Pupils: 10 Messages My Pupils are Sending You
- 10 Hidden Benefits of Smiling
Some top 10 studies ranging across various areas of psychology.
- 10 Psychological Effects of Nonsexual Touch
- 10 Mind-Myths
- 10 Weird Psychology Studies
- 10 Even Weirder Psychology Studies
- 10 Best Psychology Studies
- 10 Ways Our Minds Warp Time
- How The Mind Really Works: 10 Counterintuitive Psychology Studies
- 10 Pleasures and Pains of Being Beautiful
- Top 10 Self-Control Strategies
A series of special articles on our relationship with work, money and consumerism.
- 50+ Savvy Insights into Workplace Psychology
- Why We Buy: How to Avoid 10 Costly Cognitive Biases
- Psychology of Money
- Consumer Psychology
- 8 Psychological Keys to Spending Wisely
What scientists have discovered about what makes us happy and how we can become happier.