What the latest psychology studies tell us about effective techniques for reducing stress.
The best way to deal with anxiety and stress is, of course, to identify the source and get rid of it.
If only this were possible.
You can try to avoid people who stress you out, say ‘no’ to things you know will cause you anxiety and stress, and generally do less stuff.
Unfortunately, this is often out of the question or you would have already done it.
Stress is with us and has to be coped with (although, stress is good for mental health — up to a point).
So, below are 8 psychology studies from the members-only section of PsyBlog that explain how research has found that stress can be reduced.
(If you are not already, find out how to become a PsyBlog member here.)
- This Simple Dietary Change Reduces Stress
- The Wonderful Mental State That Reduces Stress
- How Nature Heals The Brain Of Stress
- A Loving Way To Reduce Stress In A Crisis
- The Easiest Way To Reduce Stress
- Stress Can Be Reduced By Combining These 2 Therapies
- The Beautiful Sound That Reduces Anxiety, Paranoia And Depression
- Petting Cats Or Dogs Reduces Stress Hormone
→ Related: This Is The Most Stressful Personality Trait